There are several tricks that you can use to save money on your energy bill when using your air conditioner:
- Adjust the temperature: Try to keep the temperature in your home as close to the outside temperature as possible. Each degree you lower your thermostat can save you up to 5% on your energy bill.
- Use the fan function: Use the fan function to move fresh air throughout the house, instead of using the air conditioner.
- Keep the air conditioner unit clean: Make sure to clean the filters and areas around the unit regularly to keep it in good working condition and save energy.
- Take advantage of natural light: Open windows and curtains during the day to take advantage of natural light and reduce your use of air conditioning.
- Use a programmable thermostat: A programmable thermostat allows you to adjust the temperature at different times of the day, meaning you don't have to waste energy and money cooling your home when you're not there.
- Close doors and windows: Make sure all doors and windows are closed when you turn on the air conditioner so that fresh air does not escape.
By following these tips, you can save money on your energy bill and keep your home comfortable during the summer months.